Interview Questions and Answers
Why is it important to know likely interview questions and answers?
Our sample interview questions and answers to help you
What is your greatest weakness?
The first interview question and answer is one of the most common that you are likely to be asked, there are 3 suggested ways that you could answer it to best effect. Choose something that is not critical to the job that you are interviewing for. Choose something and show how you have actually improved your weakness. Turn it into a positive; such as always wanting to get work finished before a deadline.
What is your greatest strength?
The following are some suggestions as to how to answer this question:
- Research the job carefully and identify the specific skills that they are looking for; identify the most critical
- Don’t reel off a long list; concentrate on your top 2-3 strengths
- Don’t be shy; you have to sell yourself if you are going to get the job
How do you handle failure?
- Choose something that you failed at; avoid anything too recent
- Explain how you have changed your behavior and approach to avoid it in the future
- Show what happened the next time you had a similar situation
Do you work well with other people?
Almost every job will require you to work with others in some form or another, they key to answering this question is understanding the sorts of interactions that would be expected of you:
- Don’t give the standard lame “Yes, I work well with others” answer; you have to explain and expand with examples
- Review the job and look at exactly how you will interact with others; motivating subordinates, meeting with clients, dealing with complaints, working in teams, etc.
- Give examples of how you have worked well in those situations
The above example interview questions and answers give you some ideas as to how to prepare for your interviews in a way that will boost your confidence as well as ensuring that you are going to impress the interviewers.